Saltar al contenido
- The person reporting the abuse is invited to contact and/or directed to the Office for Child Abuse Investigations and Review (CAIR).
- You will be invited to formalize your allegation with the Office for Child Abuse Investigations and Review, who will also be accompanied by a member of the Office of Assistance Ministry. You will be invited to have anyone with you if you wish, such as a friend or family member, spouse, attorney, and/or therapist.
- During the meeting, you will be asked to provide information about your background (i.e. your family, where you grew up, school and employment history) and information regarding the incident or incidents of abuse.
- The representative from the Office of Assistance Ministry will provide you with information about resources and services that may be available to you.
- The information that you share will be recorded and will be returned to you in the form of a typed draft for your review.
- If the accused is alive, the intent will be for a member of the Office for Child Abuse Investigations and Review to present your allegation to the accused and ask for his response. A copy of the report of your allegation will be given to the accused.
- In cases where the accused is alive and active in ministry and/or retired, the investigation of the matter will continue as it is presented to the Independent Review Board.