Making a Report

Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service or 800.276.1562

The Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service has been established to receive reports of sexual abuse and related misconduct by bishops, and to relay those reports to proper Church authorities for investigation. Where a report includes a crime, such as the sexual abuse of a minor, it will also be reported to civil authorities. Otherwise, reports will be kept confidential.

If you have any other kind of complaint about a bishop—such as parish assignments, church closings, or homily contents—please address those directly to your diocesan or eparchial bishop instead. Sexual abuse by a priest, deacon or a staff member or volunteer of the Church should be reported to the office of Victim Assistance in your local diocese/eparchy. So, to be sure you get the help you need, phone numbers and addresses may be found on the diocesan/ eparchial website.

If you are the victim of sexual abuse (or any other crime), please contact local law enforcement.